OUR TOP PICKS
- BEST OVERALL: Sharp R1874T 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
- TOP RATED: Toshiba 3-in-1 EC042A5C-SS Countertop Microwave Oven
- BEST QUALITY: Samsung MC12J8035CT Convection Microwave
1. BEST OVERALL: Sharp R1874T 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
- 850-watt, over-the-range convection microwave browns, bakes, broils, crisps, and roasts
- 2-color, 7-digit, interactive display; Smart and Easy sensor settings
- 1.1-cubic-foot, stainless-steel interior with light; 13-inch turntable provides even heating
- Read more
The Sharp R1874T is one of the best over-the-range convection microwaves we found during our research. While it has a lower power rating of only 850 watts, it does have 1.1 cubic feet of interior space, making it ideal for a smaller family. However, the larger exterior dimensions of 29.93 inches wide, 16.34 inches deep, and 15.28 inches tall may not be compatible with narrower standard cabinet widths depending on your oven configuration. This Sharp convection microwave also has Smart and Easy sensor settings to adjust cooking times for perfectly cooked foods.
Related Posts You May Also Be Interested In:
2. TOP RATED: Toshiba 3-in-1 EC042A5C-SS Countertop Microwave Oven
- Stylish Stainless Steel finish with easy to clean Stainless Steel interior, external dimension (wxdxh): 21.77 x 21.5 x 12.99 inches, internal dimension (wxdxh): 15.5 x 15.35 x 10.2 inches
- Combines microwave and convection cooking in one appliance, with auto bake and auto roast menus
- Read more
If you're looking for a durable convection microwave oven that will last more than a few years, we think you'll like this Toshiba pick. The EC042A5C-SS is a medium-sized microwave with a power output of 1,000 watts and an internal capacity of 1.5 cubic feet. The external dimensions are 21.77 inches wide, 21.5 inches deep, and 12.99 inches tall, with a 13.6-inch-diameter glass turntable. We also liked that this model has a sturdy door handle, which makes it ideal for seniors or people with mobility or accessibility issues.
Related Posts You May Also Be Interested In:
3. BEST QUALITY: Samsung MC12J8035CT Convection Microwave
- POWER CONVECTION Power convection technology combines traditional convection cooking with powerful hot air coming from the top, distributing the heat thoroughly and cooking faster than a standard convection microwave oven
- Read more
Convection microwave ovens are more powerful and have more robust features than standard microwaves. The Samsung MC12J8035CT model was included because we believe it is the best convection microwave oven due to its high wattage rating and impressive features. At 1,650 watts, this model has one of the highest wattage ratings we discovered during our research. This Samsung model has a drop-down door that makes loading and unloading plates and dishes easier. Furthermore, the door handle is more convenient for people with mobility issues.
- BEST CHOICE ($200 - $300): GE JES2051SNSS Countertop Microwave
- BEST CHOICE ($700 - $800): Equator Combo Microwave + Oven Free Standing/Built-in SS
- BEST CHOICE (ABOUT $600) Dacor DMW2420S Distinctive Series Counter Top or Built Microwave
- BEST CHOICE ($700 - $800) GE Profile PEB9159SJSS 22" Countertop Convection/Microwave Oven
*The prices of the products are just right at the moment when we check. They are subject to changes by the Seller, so some may be slightly different from those found on Amazon when you see them. Please note that they are just for reference. If you want to know the exact price, don't hesitate to check Amazon.
1. Size and Design
Consider where you intend to keep your microwave. Depending on the size of your kitchen and available counter space, a built-in or over-the-range microwave may be preferable to a traditional countertop microwave.
The wattage should be your main concern because it will indicate how quickly food will be cooked in your microwave. Wattages can range from 600 to 1,2500 watts or higher. Because it circulates hot air more effectively and reduces the likelihood of hot or cold spots, this microwave operates by default with convection cooking, which is more potent.
3. Admin Panel
Convection microwave ovens are more effective and powerful than conventional ones, so these models frequently have more robust features. However, keep in mind how user-friendly the control panel is by checking for components like a touchpad and a digital timer. Consider essential features like power levels, sensor cooking technology, or auto-cook presets if you're a serious microwave cook.
1. How effective are convection microwaves?
Put, yes. Because they move air the most effective while keeping the cooking temperature constant, convection microwaves are regarded as some of the best choices. As a result, the food cooks more uniformly and without hot or cold spots.
2. How should I pick a convection microwave?
First, consider how you intend to use your microwave. Consider a smaller microwave or one that is less powerful with a lower wattage rating if you're reheating food or cooking for one or two people. However, if you plan to prepare meals or heat large dishes in your microwave, look for a unit with more cubic space and one that is 1,000 watts or more powerful.
3. Can metal be placed inside a convection microwave?
The rims of some instant prepared foods, such as precooked pasta dishes and soup cups, are made of metal that is microwave safe. However, never use metal utensils, plates, or cookware in any microwave unless the product specifically states that the metal contained within it is safe to use in a microwave.
We are all about product reviews. We do not sell items or receive funding from any manufacturer or retailer.
Your purchase may come with a particular warranty policy that the manufacturer offers. In case you encounter any problems with your product during the warranty period, the Seller will be held responsible for it.
For further information, please visit "here."
To provide you with a more objective and trustworthy article, we have researched and made use of the following sources:
TOSHIBA ML2-EC10SA(BS) 8-in-1 Countertop Microwave with Air Fryer Microwave Combo, Convection, Broil, Odor removal, Mute Function, 12.4" Position Memory Turntable with 1.0 Cu.ft, Black stainless steelView on Amazon
Farberware Professional FMO12AHTBKE 1.2 Cu. Ft. 1100-Watt Microwave Oven With Smart Sensor Cooking and LED Lighting, Brushed Stainless SteelView on Amazon
Toshiba ML-EM45P(BS) Countertop Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor and Position Memory Turntable, 1.6 Cu.ft with 13.6 inch Removable Turntable, Black Stainless SteelView on Amazon
Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SD372S Stainless Steel Countertop/Built-In with Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor, 0.8 Cu. Ft, 950WView on Amazon
GE 3-in-1 Countertop Microwave Oven | Complete With Air Fryer, Broiler & Convection Mode | 1.0 Cubic Feet Capacity, 1,050 Watts | Kitchen Essentials for the Countertop or Dorm Room | Stainless SteelView on Amazon
COMFEE' CM-M091AGN Retro Microwave with Multi-stage Cooking, 9 Preset Menus and Kitchen Timer, Mute Function, ECO Mode, LED digital display, 0.9 cu.ft, 900W, GreenView on Amazon
Galanz GTWHG12S1SA10 4-in-1 ToastWave with TotalFry 360, Convection, Microwave, Toaster Oven, Air Fryer, 1000W,1.2 Cu.Ft, LCD Display, Cook, Sensor Reheat, Stainless SteelView on Amazon
Farberware Countertop Microwave Oven, 1.1-Cu. Ft. 1000-Watts with LED Lighting, Child Lock, Easy Clean Grey Interior, Brushed Stainless SteelView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API