To provide you with a more objective and trustworthy article, we have researched and made use of the following sources:
We are all about product reviews. We do not sell items or receive funding from any manufacturer or retailer.
Your purchase may come with a particular warranty policy that the manufacturer offers. In case you encounter any problems with your product during the warranty period, the Seller will be held responsible for it.
For further information, please visit "here."
1. What exactly is DOCSIS?
Cable companies use the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications (DOCSIS) standard to provide home internet access. It's been around for over 20 years, so numerous variations exist. Unless you have a fast internet connection, it's usually nothing to be concerned about.
2. What exactly is a cable modem/router combination?
A cable modem/router combo is a single device that combines cable modem capabilities with Wi-Fi router features. You connect it directly to your coaxial cable, just like a cable modem, and then connect your computers, smartphones, tablets, and other devices via wired Gigabit Ethernet connections or Wi-Fi.
3. Is a modem/router combo or separate devices preferable?
Purchasing a cable modem/router combo can save you a lot of money because these all-in-one units are usually much less expensive than buying a cable modem and a router separately. If you rent your cable modem, you can save even more money by returning it to your ISP, which will lower your monthly bill.
To fully utilize the bandwidth provided by your ISP, you'll need a modem/router combination that, at the very least, matches, and ideally exceeds, the top speed promised by your provider. The maximum bandwidth is measured in gigabits per second (Gbps) and is usually prominently displayed in the title or description of a modem/router.
Routers increasingly provide multiple data bands (think of traffic lanes) to reduce bottlenecking and increase network traffic efficiency. Dual-band devices typically provide 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, with the 5 GHz band offering greater peak bandwidth. Tri-band routers add an additional 5 GHz band to sort devices into, reducing congestion even further when multiple devices are connected to a network at the same time.
3. Ethernet Connections
Check that your router has enough Ethernet ports for the devices you intend to connect. If you have an internet plan with speeds above 100 Mbps, you should get one with Gigabit Ethernet ports to get the most out of it.
NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000-Compatibility Cable Providers including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox (Renewed)View on Amazon
ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem & AC2350 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router, Approved for Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others (black)View on Amazon
NETGEAR 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router (R6700AX) – AX1800 Wireless Speed (Up to 1.8 Gbps) | 1,500 sq. ft. CoverageView on Amazon
Motorola MG7700 24x8 Cable Modem Plus AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Router with Power Boost, 1000 Mbps Maximum Docsis 3.0 - Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox and MoreView on Amazon
NETGEAR Cable Modem Wi-Fi Router Combo C6250 - Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 300 Mbps | AC1600 Wi-Fi Speed | DOCSIS 3.0View on Amazon
ARRIS SURFboard SBG7400AC2 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem & AC2350 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router, Approved for Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others (black)View on Amazon
NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem Wi-Fi Router Combo C7000-Compatible with Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox for Cable Plans Up to 400 Mbps | AC1900 Wi-Fi Speed | DOCSIS 3.0View on Amazon
ARRIS SURFboard SBG10 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem & AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router, Approved for Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others (black)View on Amazon
Linksys AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router Home Networking, MU-MIMO Dual Band Wireless Gigabit WiFi Router, Speeds up to 1.7 Gbps, coverage up to 1,500 sq ft, Parental Controls, up to 10 devices (EA7300)View on Amazon
NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem Wi-Fi Router Combo with Voice C7100V - Supports Cable Plans Up to 400 Mbps, 2 Phone lines, AC1900 Wi-Fi Speed, DOCSIS 3.0View on Amazon
Last update on 2023-06-02 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
- BEST OVERALL : NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem with Built-in WiFi 6 Router
- BEST BUDGET: NETGEAR Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C6220
- TOP RATED: NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000
1. BEST OVERALL : NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem with Built-in WiFi 6 Router
- COMPATIBLE WITH MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and more. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 6Gbps
- Read more
The Nighthawk 6-cable WiFi Modem Router includes a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem (CAX80) to provide the best WiFi as well as the fastest multi-gigabit Internet throughout your entire home. This cable modem router takes your experience to the next level without limits, thanks to link aggregation and the ability to handle 4x more WiFi devices. Enjoy a better Internet experience with 6Gbps WiFi speeds and next-generation WiFi 6 technology, which is ideal for the connection you and your family require for lag-free gaming, 4K streaming HD, and web browsing - as well as improved indoor and outdoor coverage.
2. BEST BUDGET: NETGEAR Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C6220
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6220 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to Dollar 168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- Read more
It has a Gigabit Ethernet Port that provides the fastest wired speeds and is compatible with viable Internet providers like XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, and more. The plus point of the Netgear C6220 AC1200 is its affordable price. You'll want to ensure you don't have a connection faster than this modem can handle for this model. Despite its modest performance, it can easily handle Zoom calls and 4K streaming (i.e.battery-sharp TV shows and movies).
3. TOP RATED: NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7000 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to 168 dollars/year in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 800Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps).
- Read more
The NETGEAR AC1900 (C7000) WiFi Cable Router Modem provides network connectivity for every home and small office. The Nighthawk AC1900 Cable Router offers WiFi speeds of up to 1900Mbps and ensures uninterrupted HD video transmission with its 24 x 8 channel link. Besides, this cable modem router is ideal for 4K HD video streaming, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming, and it supports Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision, and more. If you have a big enough house where a room isn't used very often, and you have a super high-speed gigabit connection, this could be a combo modem router for you.
- BEST CHOICE ( UNDER $100) NETGEAR 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router (R6700AX)
- BEST CHOICE ( $100 - $200) ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem & AC2350 Wi-Fi Router
- BEST CHOICE ( $300 - $400): ARRIS Surfboard G36 DOCSIS 3.1 Multi-Gigabit Cable Modem & AX3000 Wi-Fi Router
- BEST CHOICE ( ABOVE $200): NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo
*The prices of the products are just right at the moment when we check. They are subject to changes by the Seller, so some may be slightly different from those found on Amazon when you see them. Please note that they are just for reference. If you want to know the exact price, don't hesitate to check Amazon.