OUR TOP PICKS
- BEST OVERALL: Kamp-Rite Portable Folding Standard Kwik-Cot Indoor/Outdoor 1-Person Camping Sleeping Cot
- TOP FEEDBACK: Helinox Cot One Lightweight, Compact, Collapsible, Portable Camping Cot
- BEST SAVING: Coleman Trailhead II Cot
1. BEST OVERALL: Kamp-Rite Portable Folding Standard Kwik-Cot Indoor/Outdoor 1-Person Camping Sleeping Cot
- Compact camping cot with powder-coated steel frame
- Heavy-duty 1,000D nylon fabric cover for comfort
- PolyOx nylon components; supports up to 300 pounds
- Secure mesh storage pocket; padded head section
- Carry bag for storage and transport
- Read more
This basic cot from Kamp-Rite provides excellent pricing and a tried-and-true design. When compared to the other cots on our list, the Kwik Cot is the best overall and the easiest to put up - in less than a minute, you're ready to snooze or call it a night.
This cot also has a padded head portion, a built-in mesh pocket, and a large carrying bag. This cot offers long-term value to any automobile camping sleeping setup at a reasonably inexpensive price. When not used for camping, the Kwik Cot may be used as a convenient guest bed at home.
- Lightweight, compact, portable camping cot that offers an extra 7.5 inches more in length than the original Cot One
- Holds up to 320 pounds with proprietary aluminum alloy legs and frame
- Quick setup with a single internal bungee cord that self assembles the poles; the height of 6.5 inches, or 15 inches with leg extenders (sold separately)
- Suspends sleepers 6.5 inches from the ground, making it ideal for cold temperatures and side sleepers
- Read more
You’ll see the camping cot ideal for hike-in spots or backpacking at this pick. The top - feedback is called Helinox Cot
With a weight of under 5 pounds and the size of a closed-cell foam pad, this item can perfectly fit in a backpack or be attached to the exterior.
The DAC aluminum structure can support up to 320 pounds, more than many automobile camping cots. The polyester material is stiff and dependable yet forgiving enough to cradle your body and provide comfort for side sleepers.
3. BEST SAVING: Coleman Trailhead II Cot
- ELEVATED COMFORT: Eliminates the discomfort of sleeping on the rough or cold ground
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong cross-bar steel frame
- SUPPORTS: Up to 300 lb.
- MAX HEIGHT: 6 ft. 2 in.
- DIMENSIONS: 73 x 35 x 17 in.
- Portable: Folds to fit in most car trunks
- Read more
The Coleman Trailhead II Cot is the best choice for anyone on a budget. It’s large enough to accommodate sleepers over 6 feet tall and raises all sleepers over the ground.
The rails are slightly raised to improve security and prevent sleepers from tumbling off. The fabric is firm and supportive, and the structure is strong enough to resist you and your tentmates battling over who gets to sleep in it.
This cot's steel X-shaped frame folds up and is stored in the provided carry bag, making it convenient to stow and transport in the car.
- BEST CHOICE (under $150): Zone Tech Folding Outdoor Travel Cot
- BEST CHOICE ($150 - $200): ABORON 2 Pack Folding Camping Cot
- BEST CHOICE (above $200): WXF Folding Bed Recliners Office Home Portable Camping Cot
The prices of the products are just right at the moment when we check. They are subject to changes by the Seller, so some may be slightly different from those found on Amazon when you see them. Please note that they are just for reference. If you want to know the exact price, don't hesitate to check Amazon.
The weight of a camping cot is also an important consideration as it will affect how easy it is to carry. Models that are too heavy can be difficult to lug around, and those that are too light might not offer any comfort. The average weight for a camping cot is around 15 pounds, with the heavier models weighing between 20 and 30 pounds.
This is another factor that you should consider when buying a camping cot. Cheap models are often made from materials that are low in quality, which means they aren't very durable. Camping involves sleeping on the ground, which can be rugged at times. Having a durable product means there's less chance that you'll end up hurting yourself accidentally.
In fact, resting on the ground while you sleep is not as comfortable as resting on a soft bed at home. To make matters worse, cheap camping cots don’t offer comfort levels that are great for a good night's sleep. It's important to purchase a camping cot that can effectively reduce fatigue and make it easy to get some shuteye after an exhausting day of hiking or exploring nature. This is easier said than done though when you're shopping around for a camping cot.
1. How do I care for my camping cot?
Camping cots are very easy to maintain. They can easily be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner and a damp cloth. If you do have oil stains, it is best to wipe them off with a cloth before putting them in the outdoor storage bag. This is because you don't want any water getting into the foam and damaging it.
2. How should I store my camping cot?
Your camping cot should always be stored in its original bag. This is because it will protect the foam from any damage. Don't leave your camping cot out in the sun either. Exposure to the sun can cause discoloration, so keep it in a shaded area instead. If you love spending your time outdoors, then these are three of the best camping cots for you to try out on your next trip.
3. What is an inflatable sleeping mat?
An inflatable sleeping mat is a device used for outdoor recreation and comfort that helps campers sleep better and more comfortably on their trips outside. The mat is an inflatable sleeping pad that is made of breathable, waterproof material and is great for use in a wide range of weather conditions. The mat provides a comfortable sleep and can also be used to sit on while one enjoys the outdoors or even prepare food.
ALPHA CAMP Oversized Camping Cot Supports 600 lbs Sleeping Bed Folding Steel Frame Portable with Carry BagView on Amazon
- BrandALPHA CAMP
OneTigris Lightweight Camping Cot with Leg Extenders, Strong Support 330 Lbs, Durable Compact Tent Folding Bed for Adults Outdoor Overnighter Camping, Hiking, Travel, RV, Beach, Office NapView on Amazon
Zone Tech Folding Outdoor Travel Cot - Classic Grey Premium Quality Lightweight Portable Heavy Duty Adult and Kids Travel Cot with Large Pocket-Perfect for Hiking, Camping, and Other Outdoor ActivityView on Amazon
Osage River Camping Cot Portable Foldable Sturdy Durable Supports Adults Kids up to 450 lbs for Travel, Outdoors Beach, and Sleepovers with Bed Carrying Case.View on Amazon
- BrandOSAGE RIVER
EVER ADVANCED Compact Camping Cot for Sleeping, Fishing, Outdoor Travel, Folding Portable Bed with Carrying Bag Supports Up to 250lbs, GreenView on Amazon
- BrandEVER ADVANCED
REDCAMP Folding Camping Cot for Adults 500lbs, Heavy Duty Wide Sleeping Cots with Carry Bag Portable for Camp Office Use, Grey 75"x28"View on Amazon
Nice C Camping Cots, Cot for Adults, Camping Bed, with Pillow, Carry Bag & Storage Pocket, Extra Wide Sturdy, Heavy Duty Holds Up to 500 Lbs, Lightweight, Outdoor&Indoor(Set of 2 Blue)View on Amazon
- BrandNice C
ATORPOK Camping Cot for Adults Comfortable, Tent Folding Cot for Sleeping, Lightweight Folding Bed with Carry Bag for Kids Supports 450 lbs, Office Nap and Beach VocationView on Amazon
EVER ADVANCED Oversized XXL Folding Camping Cot for Outdoor Travel Portable Tent Bed with Carry Bag Support to 550 lbsView on Amazon
- BrandEVER ADVANCED
Zone Tech Folding Outdoor Travel Cot - 2 Pack Grey Premium Quality Lightweight Portable Heavy Duty Adult and Kids Travel Cot with Large Pocket-Perfect for Hiking, Camping, and Other Outdoor ActivityView on Amazon
Last update on 2024-02-26 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API