Cedar fences are a classic, but they do have one drawback. They are still susceptible to staining and easily stained by water. Cedar is naturally a very porous wood, so it's easy to get an even coat of stain on the cedar fence if you're not careful. The best way to avoid this is through the proper application of paint, so after applying the first coat, wait for it to dry before applying another coat in some areas where stains might bleed through from other sites. When this happens, brush away any remaining loose particles with a clean cloth and start again, ensuring each layer gets an even amount of stain applied.
- Requires no primer. Ready Seal is darkest when first applied. It reaches its true color in approximately 14 days. Do not apply Ready Seal over painted or newly stained surfaces. Sealed surfaces inhibit penetration.
- May be applied using sprayer, roller or brush onto the woods surface.
- Requires no back brushing and will nerver leave runs, laps, or streaks.
- Requires no wet-line application, the product will blend itself and can be applied in any temperature range for proper application.
- Requires no diluting or thinning prior to spray applications.
- Subject to or will include a PaintCare recycling fee in the following states: CT, or VT. Not available in CA.
- Easy maintenance - no sanding or stripping required for re-application
This is precisely and only for cedar. Other woods require different treatment, so check the label on your product carefully. One positive thing about this particular product is that it contains a sealer that adds to the protective qualities and an extra layer of color, making future treatments easier. The film dries quickly, so you might consider using a hair dryer for faster drying times. It's non-toxic and safe to be used around children and pets, but due to its concentrated nature, you should be careful not to get any on your skin or surfaces where food or drink are prepared or stored.
Related Articles :
The Wood Defender Semi-Transparent Fence Stain utilizes opaque pigmentation at a reduced rate to achieve a stained appearance. The unique pigment combination has been tested to prove its unparalleled UV protection. The combination of pigments offers increased square-foot-per-gallon coverage. Offers a three-year manufacturer’s warranty. Through its many years of service by dedicated applicators, Wood Defender Semi-Transparent Fence Stain has become our highest-selling product, making it “The Contractor’s Choice.”
This is a water-based product, which gives it the advantage of being environmentally friendly. It's semi-transparent so that you can see some of the wood grain through it. It comes in a large 5-gallon pail, focusing on ease of application rather than speed, so you should have plenty of time to do everything correctly. Some people prefer this over other products, but if you're in a hurry or want something that dries quickly for some reason, you'll probably be happier with another product like Ready Seal 512 above.
Related Articles :
- MARINE SEALANT: Our liquid formula creates a UV-stable coating for protection against the elements, saltwater spray, and water damage. Marine is a great protector for outdoor furniture, thermally modified wood, and boat docks.
- DECK STAIN: It's water-based, ultra-low VOC, great for enhancing the extended life of your flooring, siding, and porch. The paint forms a water-resistant shield around wood fibers at the cellular level to help preserve the natural color.
- WATERPROOF WOOD SEALER: The wood used on boat docks, decks, and retaining walls near rivers, lakes, oceans, and ponds is subjected to constant moisture. We crafted a sealer, remove stain, and finish all in one, specifically for these installations.
- WOOD SEALANT: Our fast-drying protector penetrates wood below the surface, coating the wood fibers at the cellular level, which creates a long-lasting, flexible, breathable barrier. It provides a no-fuss, easy clean-up with soap and water.
- SEAL-ONCE: Our user-friendly wood sealers and stains are an effective way to protect your lumber or concrete against water damage. When you use Seal-Once, you have the satisfaction of knowing our products will not harm pets, plants, or people.
This is a water-based product, sealed with a UV-resistant finish. This gives it extra protection and durability but also means that it's not safe to be used around food or drinks. It's a high-performance product made by professionals for professional results. It dries quickly and lasts quite a long time, so you might consider using it on wood furniture if you have any furniture that is particularly prone to staining.
How to choose the best stains for cedar fence
1. Price :
For the price, you should pay attention to the product you choose, so that we can avoid low-quality one
2. Packing :
Packing is essential for choosing the right product because, with the right content, we can save time and money and avoid any accidental damage that might lead to a problem after using it.
The application is not as complicated as some people think. If you have enough preparation for your fence, any stain or sealant can work well on a cedar fence without difficulty; if you want to achieve the best color, you must prepare your wall correctly.
4. Apply rules
You should check if it's easy to apply because if it is not easy to use, you will spend more time on the fence staining. You can choose some manufacturers that offer a quick-drying product.
Look at the environmental protection of the product. You don't have to think about this problem in the past years, but now there have been many ecological wet paint products appearing on the market. You should choose one of them.
6. No-VOC (volatile organic compounds) :
VOCs are neurotoxic, carcinogenic solvents most often found in paints and coatings. Although there was a movement to phase out VOCs in paint, the federal government only banned VOCs in new colors, meaning they're still present in old products. Look for no-VOC products as they'll be safer for your family's health.
7. Application time
You should pay attention to the time of application. For example, most water-based stains are hard to apply nowadays, so you will need to take some time.
1. How long does it take to stain a cedar fence?
For most people, it will take three days to finish the whole process, but sometimes, they need more preparation, and that depends on the type of cedar you have. I mean, if you have a very rough cedar fence, it might need a longer time compared to the other one.
2. DIY stains for cedar fence
You can use any wood stain, but at least try to use some old oil-based stains that would enhance your fence.
3. How to clean brushes after staining a fence?
When you are done with the entire process, try to use the paint thinner to clean your brush off, or even you can use some water and soap. That would be fine as well.
4. What is best for cedar fencing
Well, I think using oil-based stains for cedar fences would be the best choice .before applying it on your bar, make sure there is no dirt from your product. And as far as wood finishing products go, I think using oil finish for cedar fences should be more than enough.
5. What is the difference between oil and polyurethane for cedar fences?
Well! From my point of view, I think polyurethane would be preferable as compared to oil stains, but as said before, it all depends on your personal preference.
6. Why is it so important to seal cedar fence staining?
The reason why it's so essential to apply the top coat of sealant on the fence before applying color or paint on your fence staining because you are protecting your valuable wood terrace from UV damage and the early aging process. It also stops any pilling or peeling that might occur after a long time with no protection.
- BrandWood Defender
- BrandWood Defender
SEAL-ONCE Nano+Poly Ready Mix Penetrating Wood Sealer & Stain with Polyurethane (Bronze Cedar) - Water-Based, Low-VOC, Waterproofing for Decks, Fences, siding & Log Homes. … (1 Gallon)View on Amazon
- BrandReady Seal
- BrandWood Defender
SEAL-ONCE Nano+Poly Ready Mix Penetrating Wood Sealer & Stain with Polyurethane (Cedar) - Water-Based, Low-VOC, Waterproofing for Decks, Fences, siding & Log Homes. … (1 Gallon)View on Amazon
STORM SYSTEM Storm Protector Penetrating Sealer & Stain Protector - Deck Protector, Fence Protector, Mahogany Stain, Redwood Stain - 291113-1 Gallon, Pacific RedwoodView on Amazon
- BrandStorm System
SEAL-ONCE NANO Penetrating Wood Sealer & Stain - 1 Gallon. Water-based, Low-VOC waterproofer for fences, siding, beams, outdoor furniture & log homes.View on Amazon
Last update on 2023-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API