Car amplifiers are an essential part of your car sound system. If you want to hear your favorite songs how they were meant to be heard, an amplifier is a significant investment. However, it can be tough to find one just right for you with so many options on the market. To help you make the best choice, we've picked out our Best amplifiers for cars and listed them below.
- At TORO TECH our sole purpose is to offer the ultimate combination of performance, quality, style and value. Each TORO product is designed and engineered in the USA to exacting standards by audio enthusiasts with decades of combined, hands on experience. Each TORO product undergoes rigorous testing to insure it meets our stringent standards before we make it available for sale and all products are 100% QC’d before shipping to customers.
- The Toro Tech R6 is a Sound Quality Class-D Design Mono Block Car Audio Amplifier that produces 3200 Watts x 1 RMS – 8000 Watts x 1 MAX power at 0.5 Ohm and is CTA Compliant to guarantee true rated power. Built-In Auto Sensing Turn-On Function (Hi-Inputs) for vehicles with or without RCA Inputs...Read more
The TORO R6 is a full-range car amplifier that delivers big watts and outstanding sound quality. It is ideal for your boat or car because it provides impressive volume levels and features a 0.5Ω stable monoblock power supply design that produces nearly 0% distortion. This means you will hear your music as the artists intended it to be – clear and undistorted with no added hiss, hum, or output clipping. The R6 has a built-in subwoofer amplifier that automatically turns on when a signal from your car stereo's CD player or CD changer.
2. Lanzar Amplifier Monoblock Car Audio - Mono Amplifier, 6,000 Watt, 1 Ohm, MOSFET, Gold Plated R.C.A. Input, Low Pass Filter, Subsonic Filter, Remote Bass Control, Amplifier for Car Speakers - OPTI6000D
- AUDIO EVOLUTION: The Lanzar car speakers amp features regulated Pulse Width Modulated MOSFET power supply that maintains rated power over a wide range of battery voltage
- SOUND SPECIALIZATION: High-powered amplifier monoblock is cutting edge technology at its finest. Gold-plated RCA connectors and speaker screw-down terminals ensure a secure connection between amplifier and speakers that allow distortion-free sound
- INTELLIGENT DESIGN: The class amplifier features include a double-sided glass epoxy PCB circuit board, soft turn-on/off; as well low and subsonic filter controls and thermal, overload short protection...Read more
The Lanzar Amplifier is a superb car amplifier for mid-range systems. It is powerful, versatile, and highly affordable, ideal for practically any car audio enthusiast. You can use it to power up to four full-range speakers or two-component sets. It has gold-plated R.C.A. inputs and preamp outputs. The Lanzar amplifier features low-pass filters and subsonic filters, so you can eliminate unwanted noise and protect your speakers from damage. The amplifier comes with a remote bass control to adjust the bass level directly from the driver's seat.
- 1800 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
- Total Peak Power: 3600 Watts
- Preamp RCA outputs to daisy chain multiple amps
- Variable Low-Pass Crossover: 50 - 200Hz 12dB/octave
- Variable Bass Boost: 0 to +12 dB bass boost at 40 Hz...Read more
The Kicker CX1800.1 is a sturdy car amplifier that delivers more power than you need for most applications. It has a 1-ohm stable monoblock design and a powerful Class D digital sound processor for superb audio performance. You can use it to power up to four full-range speakers or two-component sets. The Kicker CX1800.1 can give you the perfect combination of volume and bass, even with smaller cars or boats. Variable Bass Boost 0 to +12 dB bass boost at 40 Hz that evens out the bass response of your system to give you perfect bass with your subwoofers.
- Best Quality:Genius G4B-10.1DK 20000 Watts-Max Car Amplifier Monoblock Class-D The Beast Competition Series Linked Function
- Best Overall:Kicker 46CXA8001 Car Audio Class D Amp Mono 1600W Peak Sub Amplifier CXA800.1
- Best Selling:Planet Audio TR4000.1D Class D Car Amplifier - 4000 Watts, 1 Ohm Stable, Digital, Monoblock, Mosfet Power Supply, Great for Subwoofers
- Best Budget:BOSS Audio Systems R1100MK Car Amplifier and 8 Gauge Wiring Kit - 1100 Watts Max Power, 2-4 Ohm Stable, Class A/B, Monoblock, Mosfet Power Supply, Remote Subwoofer Control
If your car is small, you'll want to ensure that whatever you get will be powerful enough to drive four or more of your speakers. If your vehicle has a large trunk (boot) area, you can get away with choosing a more miniature amplifier.
2. Audio setup
Car amplifiers are either full-range or components. Complete range car amplifiers power all of your speakers, and component car amplifiers power a single set of speakers. Depending on how the amp powers your speakers, you might be able to fit four of them in your trunk area.
If you want to attach an amplifier to your car stereo, make sure that it comes with line input (R.C.A.) cables for connecting it directly to the output jacks on the back of your radio audio system. If you have a CD player or CD changer with speakers, your amp might also be compatible. If you want to use it as an amplifier only, check if the amp has another input for auxiliary information for MP3 players, sat navs, etc.
Car amplification is essential if you plan to listen to music from your car through your house stereo system (or vice versa). The more wattage, the better sound quality from any media player you plug into it. Keep in mind, though – you don't need a lot of wattages to drive a subwoofer.
Car amps are one of the cheapest pieces of your car audio setup, and they're invaluable to get the most out of whatever else you've put together. As such, don't spend more than you need to on one.
6. Equalization settings
Most car amplifiers have extra settings like bass boost or treble boost that can add just the right amount of oomph to your system. Be sure that your amplifier is compatible with the equalization settings you want to use on your sound sources, or they might not be loud enough when they come out of your stereo.
If you are getting an amp for your boat or small car, it must be compatible with the electronics inside your particular vehicle or boat. You don't want to get an amp that will damage your car's electrical system or ship by supplying too much power, especially if there is no other way to give this power through the original electrical wiring in your vehicle.
If you're encasing an amplifier in a waterproof box for outdoor use, make sure that it's designed specifically for outdoor use and comes with a warranty from the manufacturer so that it will withstand the elements.
1. What is D.B.?
According to the F.O.A. dictionary, D.B. is an abbreviation for the decibel, a unit used to express ratios of power and intensity. Most importantly, however, it is a unit used to measure sound pressure levels (S.P.L.). Specifically, 1dB equals a ratio of power or intensity change by 10.
2. How many watts do I need?
This depends on your total impedance and how many people are listening. If you are running four speakers at 100W each, you need 400Watts in your amplifier. Remember this formula: Watts (amps)= Total Impedance x Final Speaker Impedance.
3. Why not get a used car amp?
Used car amps are incredibly cheap, but the sound quality will be deficient. They may work fine for you if you don't care about sound quality, but they might not be suitable for going through your hi-fi system.
4. How much power do I need to drive my subwoofers?
The level you want to achieve with your subwoofer is set by the difference between its rated power and the level it can handle. For example, If it can take 300Watt R.M.S., then add 300Watt of gain (i i) + 26dBm of headroom (V2) × 2 (V1 recommended). For example, 26dBm of headroom × V2 = 300Watt R.M.S.
5. Why do I get a distortion, or how to reduce distortion?
Distortion is avoidable and results from input overload, either electrical or acoustic. It's most commonly caused by a voltage (amplitude) overload, so the first thing to check is that your amp isn't receiving more power than it's meant to handle. This is easily solved by reducing the volume on your amplifier. Some common distortions are caused by a little electrical feedback, which can be solved by adding an extra capacitor onto the woofers which are susceptible to it.
6. What do all these acronyms mean?
You may see many acronyms when discussing subwoofers, making it confusing to shop for them.
A.W.G.- American Wire Gauge. There is a standard for wire thickness, with lower numbers meaning thicker wire and higher numbers telling thinner wire. Typically, speaker cables are 10 or 12 (wide) or A.W.G. 14 or 16 (narrow).
Kevlar is a solid synthetic fiber used to strengthen speaker drivers and the cones in bass drivers.
It is always essential to make sure your sound quality is at its highest when you listen to your music. To do this, you need to make sure that the amplifier in your car is good enough. The number one thing to remember when shopping for a car amplifier is that it must match the wattage of the speakers you will be plugging into it. You risk damaging those speakers or even your entire system if it doesn't! Remember these factors, and you'll listen to crystal clear sounds in no time. I hope the article will help you understand some essential things about car amplifiers.
BOSS Audio Systems R1002 Car Amplifier - 2 Channel, 200 Watts Max Power, 2 4 Ohm Stable, Class AB, Full RangeView on Amazon
- BrandBOSS Audio Systems
BOSS Audio Systems R1004 4 Channel Car Amplifier – Riot Series, 400 Watts, Full Range, Class A/B, 2 Ohm Stable, IC (Integrated Circuit) Great for Car Speakers and Car StereosView on Amazon
- BrandBOSS Audio Systems
Audiobank Monoblock 1600 WATTS Amp Class AB Car Audio Stereo Amplifier P1601 Heavy-Duty Aluminum Alloy Heatsink, Class A-B Operation Remote On/Off CircuitView on Amazon
Audiobank Monoblock 7000 WATTS Amp Class D 1OHM Car Audio Stereo Amplifier Remote Turn On/Off Circuit/Heavy-Duty Aluminium Alloy Heatsink Power and Protection Indicator P7001View on Amazon
Audiobank Monoblock 2000 WATTS Amp Class AB Car Audio Stereo Amplifier P2001 Heavy-Duty Aluminum Alloy Heatsink | Class A-B Operation Remote On/Off CircuitView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-10-05 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API