Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN766S Stainless Steel Countertop/Built-In with Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor, 1.6 Cubic Foot, 1250WView on Amazon
- BrandCommercial Chef
SMETA Microwave Oven Countertop with 6 Automatic Menus, 1.1 Cu.Ft/1000W, LED Display, Child Safety Lock, BlackView on Amazon
- BrandCommercial CHEF
Panasonic NN-SB658S is a 1.3 Cu Ft 1100W Cooking Power Smart Touch Controls Turbo Defrost Countertop Microwave Oven (Renewed)View on Amazon
- BrandCommercial CHEF
Samsung MS19M8000AS/AA Large Capacity Countertop Microwave Oven with Sensor and Ceramic Enamel Interior, Stainless SteelView on Amazon
- BrandSamsung Electronics
GE JES1097SMSS 0.9 Cu. Ft. Capacity Smart Countertop Microwave Oven with Scan-To-Cook Technology, WiFi Connect, Convenience Cooking Controls, and Auto and Time Defrost, in Stainless SteelView on Amazon
SHARP Stainless Steel Carousel 1.8 Cu. Ft. 1100W Countertop Microwave Oven (ISTA 6 Packaging), Cubic Foot, 1100 WattsView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Microwaves are essential household equipment that is used daily. Today's models are designed to do more than just reheat leftovers from the night before. Many microwaves come with cooking presets that can steam fresh vegetables, defrost chicken breasts, melt chocolate, soften butter, or bake potatoes with the touch of a button. Microwaves with grilling and convection heating capabilities are now available.
Microwaves made for countertop usage are ready to go right out of the box, and they're also convenient to move around because they don't require any installation. They're compact enough to fit in even the smallest of kitchens, even if it means keeping one on a table or storage cart.
To help you choose a countertop microwave that meets your needs, we've listed the best countertop microwaves below.
Countertop models are the most popular models that can be plugged in and started cooking right away. It's also convenient to be able to move the microwave around as you reorganize and take it with you if you move. The controls on newer countertop microwaves are on the door, allowing for more capacity in a smaller footprint, which is ideal for compact kitchens.
If you're interested in buying a microwave, there are some important factors to consider first to make sure you're getting exactly what you want. Here's some information for you.
1. The budget
Countertop microwaves are usually cheaper than other models. Small models start around $50, while midsized models are commonly priced between $100 and $300. OTR microwaves, or over-the-range microwaves, can be found for as little as $200, but the majority cost $400 or more. Models that are exclusively designed to be incorporated into cabinetry or a wall begin at $400 and can cost more than $1,000. Some countertop models come with kits that offer you a built-in look for a fraction of the price.
2. The size
Consider where you want to place the microwave and how much space you have. Countertop models take up a lot of space. Midsized countertop microwaves, for example, are around 20 inches wide and up to 18 inches deep, whereas large microwaves are an inch or two larger. You'll also want to consider height, but unless your cabinets are too low, a countertop model should fit in nicely. Each microwave's dimensions can be viewed on the model page.
3. The power
Microwaves are differentiated by their size, settings, price, and appearance, with the wattage being the most important feature. If you're not sure what wattage you'll need, 1,000 watts is a reasonable starting point. Food will cook evenly and efficiently at this level.
Microwaves with higher wattage produce more power and reduce overall cooking time. Microwaves with wattages ranging from 700 to 1,250 are ideal. Countertop microwaves for home usage require at least 700 watts to heat food quickly. Keep in mind that more power comes at a price, with high-powered devices costing upwards of $150.
4. Controls and Settings
Aside from a robust metal exterior, sufficient power, and an easy-to-clean interior, a microwave has a number of other attributes that distinguish it from competitors in the market such as LED display, preset functions, humidity sensors, smart tech, eco mode, child safety lock ...
Now, we present to you a list of the best countertop microwaves.
1. Best countertop microwaves: Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor
Toshiba produces a variety of microwaves, but the Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor has some of the best features, capacity, and performance for most households. The Toshiba microwave offers an energy-saving eco mode that allows you to save up to 50% on standby power and reduce energy consumption.
- External dimensions (wdh): 20.5 x 17.1 x 12.8 inches, internal dimensions (wdh): 13.07 x 15 x 9.5 inches; stylish stainless steel with easy-to-clean interior.
- 1100 watts with 10 power settings, a kitchen timer, and an electronic clock.
- The inner glass turntable is a generous 12.4 inches and the digital display is clear to read.
2. Best countertop microwaves: Galanz GLCMKA07BKR-07 Retro Microwave
The name of the Galanz GLCMKA07BKR-07 is almost bigger than the device itself. This 0.7 cubic foot microwave makes a great present for a college student or young professional. But it's so lovely with its retro styling that you might just want to keep it to yourself.
- Microwave with lighting pull handle, 700 watts, and six power levels for cooking. It's simple to defrost.
- The 360° heating and rotation of the glass turntable helps cook food more evenly, which enhances cooking efficiency. As a result, you will be able to eat fresh and delicious cuisine in a short period of time.
- Without having to open the doors, an interior light is used to check the status. The safety lock prohibits children from operating the device without adult supervision. To prevent the child from accidentally using or accessing the control panel, use the child safety lock option.
3. Best countertop microwaves: Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN766S
With a capacity of 1.6 cubic feet, this Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN766S microwave is ideal for large families. It has a smooth, easy-to-clean control panel and a huge interior. This model also includes an inverter, which heats up meals faster and more evenly.
- This stainless-steel countertop microwave with a 1.6 cubic foot capacity and 1250 Watt high power delivers a constant flow of cooking power for even cooking and excellent flavor.
- Patented Inverter Technology; Advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost reduces defrosting time.
- Dimensions: 12 D x 19.1 W x 21.8 H inches, Interior HxWxD: 9 x 16.4375 x 18.5 inches, Interior HxWxD: 9 x 16.4375 x 18.5 inches; this 15-inch turntable tabletop microwave is thinner, lighter, and more efficient
1. Do countertop microwaves need ventilation?
To perform correctly, microwaves require adequate air clearance on both sides, the back, and the top. This ensures that the intake and discharge air vents have adequate circulation.
However, ventilation requirements vary depending on the model and design. To ensure both efficiency and safety, proper clearance and ventilation are essential. Microwaves without built-in ventilation must have adequate external ventilation.
2. What's the difference between a countertop and a built-in microwave?
The difference between a countertop microwave and a built-in microwave is that the countertop microwave can be put on top of the kitchen counter, whereas the built-in microwave is built into a cabinet wall or corner.
A countertop microwave is less expensive and more popular and requires no installation or maintenance costs.
3. What is the minimum distance between a microwave and a gas stove?
A total clearance of 66 inches from the floor to the top of the microwave is required for most microwaves installed over a stovetop. Depending on the size of the microwave, this gap can leave as little as 13 inches between the top of the burner to the bottom of the microwave, depending on the size of the microwave.
4. How far should countertop microwaves be from the wall?
According to research by the National Association of Homebuilders, microwaves have one of the shortest lifespans among typical appliances, lasting about 9 years. A microwave can be temporarily damaged by a number of components, most commonly, by the fuse. The duration of a microwave, however, is determined by the lifespan of the magnetron or transformer, the two devices that control the quantity of radiation flow for cooking.
5. How do I maintain a microwave?
- Keep the inside and outside clean.
- Use microwaveable containers that are labeled as microwave-safe. These are composed of ceramic, glass, or a more durable plastic.
- Cover dishes with microwave-safe plastic lids or use lids on your microwave-safe food containers.
- Never put metal in the microwave and make sure the door closes properly.
Countertop models are the most popular models. The low cost and simple installation are appealing. Stainless finishes are common, and the convection feature is becoming available on more models. A stainless finish is common, and a convection feature is becoming available on more models.
A countertop microwave is a must-have for any starter kitchen, whether it's in a first apartment or a dorm room.
Finally, each of the three countertop microwaves we've mentioned above is a great offering in the market.
You might want to check out the Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor which is one of the greatest microwaves for your kitchen counters. It's simple to use, offers a number of express cooking settings for quickly heating food, and the greatest thing is that it has a mute button so you can cook in peace.
Galanz GLCMKA07BKR-07 is smaller and cheaper but it cooks and reheats meals or beverages in a simple, quick, and convenient way.
For couples and families, Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN766S is a wonderful family-size microwave. Due to the Inverter Technology, it's especially useful if you want to cook food uniformly while using less power.
The microwaves listed above are what we believe are the best countertop microwaves for most people right now. Hope these guidelines will assist you in selecting the best option.