OUR TOP PICKS
- BEST OVERALL ELECTRIC: Makita-UC4051A Chain Saw
- BEST OVERALL GAS: Echo 18-Inch Gas 2-Stroke Cycle Chainsaw
- BEST BUDGET ELECTRIC: WORX WG303.1 16-Inch Electric Chainsaw
1. BEST OVERALL ELECTRIC: Makita-UC4051A Chain Saw
- Tool-free blade and chain adjustments for simple operation and maintenance
- Handles with rubberized grips are ergonomically designed for comfort.
- For smooth start-ups, use a large trigger switch with a soft start.
- When the saw is overworked, the built-in current limiter protects the motor from burnout by limiting power to the motor.
- A large oil reservoir with a view glass allows the operator to observe the amount of bar oil….Read more
This corded electric chainsaw is surprisingly strong for a non-gas model; it cuts swiftly and hard while being easy to use.
It has a 16-inch bar that is strong enough to cut through heavy logs and limbs, so whether you have a fallen tree to chop down, a long stretch of bush to clear, or just want to be able to manage whatever your backyard throws at you, this is the chainsaw to get.
This Makita has an ergonomic rubberized grip, a soft-start trigger button, an automated chain oiler, and an electronic chain brake. The blade and chain may be adjusted or replaced by simply twisting a lever—no tools are required. The chain moves at a pace of 2,900 feet per minute.
You'll like how easy it is to operate this chainsaw and how you can avoid dealing with a gas engine's high maintenance requirements while yet receiving enough power.
Like other electric chainsaws, the chainsaw requires an extension cord with an outside rating because it weighs a little more than 15.5 pounds, making it heavier than many comparable models. In addition, it comes with a one-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2. BEST OVERALL GAS: Echo 18-Inch Gas 2-Stroke Cycle Chainsaw
- 40.2cc Engine
- Included 18" Bar & Chain
- Included Engine Oil
- Fully Assembled …. Read more
If power is what you're looking for, the Echo CS-400-18 is a gas chainsaw with an 18-inch bar and a 40.2-cc two-stroke engine. When it comes to rapidly and boldly slicing through large chunks of wood, this instrument doesn't flinch, and it's simple to use and manage.
This chainsaw is made for professionals and comes with a side-access chain tensioner, an automatic oiler, a heavy-duty air filter, a reduced-effort starting system with digital ignition, and an air pre-cleaner.
Gas-powered chainsaws may be challenging to start, but this one starts easily and keeps its balance while in use. It's also lightweight (just over 10 pounds without gasoline) and powerful enough for heavy-duty household jobs. The 14-ounce fuel tank has a capacity. It is covered by a five-year warranty for non-commercial use.
3. BEST BUDGET ELECTRIC: WORX WG303.1 16-Inch Electric Chainsaw
- [AUTO-TENSION] The patent-protected method avoids overtightening and extends the life of the motor, bar, and chain.
- [AUTO-LUBRICATION] At 32 feet per second, it keeps the chain moving smoothly and quickly around the bar. And the oil-level indicator tells you when it's time to replenish.
- [CHAIN STOP] The quick-stop chain break prevents unintentional cutting. One of the numerous characteristics that contribute to this chainsaw's safety.
- [WITH FULL-WRAP HANDLE] The front handle provides leverage for both vertical and horizontal cutting. Find a grip that is comfortable for you….Read more
If you don't mind a power chord, the WORX WG303.1 is hard to beat, especially at its low price. The bar on this electric chainsaw is 16.5 inches long, and the motor is 14.5 amps. Experts rate it highly in every important category, including cutting speed, simplicity of use, and handling.
Despite its low price, this WORX offers useful features such as a chain brake, ergonomic handle, automatic chain oiler, and automatic chain tensioner. It's quick, balanced, and capable of handling modest yard work. It's not too hefty at 11 pounds.
This type may cause some shaking; one thing it lacks is vibration isolation. It is backed by a three-year warranty.
- BEST BUDGET & GAS: HUYOSEN 18-Inch Gas Chainsaw
- BEST FOR SMALL JOBS: Greenworks 20362 10-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
- BEST CORDLESS: EGO Power+ 14-Inch CS1401 Cordless Chain Saw
Greenworks G-MAX 40V 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw, 4AH Battery and a Charger Included, 20312View on Amazon
Mini Cordless Chainsaw, 4'' Portable Handheld Electric Chainsaw Kit, with 2 Pack 2500mAh Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery, for Tree Wood Cutting, Branches Logging, and Orchard PruningView on Amazon
Makita XCU04PT1 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless (5.0Ah) 18V X2 16" Chain Saw Kit with 4 Batteries, TealView on Amazon
Makita XCU06Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 10" Top Handle Chain Saw, Tool OnlyView on Amazon
Mini Cordless Chainsaw Upgraded 4" Battery Powered Electric Chainsaw with Safety Lock, Portable Pruning Shears Chain Saw for Tree Trimming and Branch Wood Cutting（2 Batteries, Chains, Guide Plates）View on Amazon
Milwaukee 2727-20 M18 FUEL 16 in. Chainsaw Tool Only - Battery and Charger NOT IncludedView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-04-02 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
- What's the best chainsaw sharpener on the market?
- Which chainsaw will cut a thick piece of wood faster?